LOVE LETTER TO SUMMER/ 2:35am & Other Stories


Dearest Summer,

You jump in and out of my life like Alice's Mad Hatter, depositing elation into my world. My spirit, perpetually renewed. But then you're gone, leaving me chilly, reveling the memory of your fleeting days and nights. 

Shadowy edges define your beginning and end as your breathtaking middle paints a crisp picture of intention: an uncompromising commitment to every singular moment. A single night with you reverberates loudly, and forever. In a breath, you're aggravatingly love-able.  

So as you make way for the others: Fall, Winter and Spring, your distinctive scent lingers amidst white linen articles and pastel things. Each a sartorial keepsake of your undying devotion.

I love you, Summer, you're so unlike the rest. Because in your light, the loves of my life show as they truly are: splendid, divine gifts of love. In your shadow, mundanity thrives, causing life to move at a blinding speed. Oh, how I pray you'd never leave.

Don't misunderstand me. I empathize with the need to watch leaves turn; to take a long winter naps; to relish spring breezes. And yes, you deserve a break from pleasing everyone else. 



Although it hurts to say goodbye, I'll smile lovingly at the thought of you. All I ask is that you look for me as I wait on you.

Adieu,


Brooklyn Chateau



Comments

Popular Posts