Why I Write / 2:35 am & Other stories-

Why I write


I write to get over humps, to climb hills, conquer unknown territory.

I write to see my thoughts, to watch words dance.

I write to manipulate emotion-if only my own. 

I write to speak without consequence, to hear myself think, 

to breath.

I write to evaluate thought both foreign and familiar. 

I write to explore lives I would otherwise be oblivious to.

I write to champion others whose feelings invade my thoughts.

I write to get lost, for release, for control.

I write to give description to images I’m otherwise talentless to draw.

I write to give weight to issues I’m otherwise powerless to rectify.

I write to manage emotions I’m not yet ready to mitigate. 

I write to soothe urges, to heal those I’ll never meet, to give voice to the voiceless. 

I write to be heard.

I write to gain a connection to the world. 

I write to get closer to myself.

I write for me.



Comments

Popular Posts